With all the preparation for our departure from Vienna and my busy training schedule for the upcoming Ironman in Zurich, I have had little time to practice my cooking skills. The invitation of our neighbours for a small dinner at our place gave me the perfect opportunity to see how rusty I was in front of the stove. The planned menu was:
- Seared Tuna with Braised Zucchinis (own recipe)
- Green Curry Prawn (own recipe)
- Honey Cakes (Donna Hay)
And yes, I know now how out-of-practice I am by the sheer facts that I forgot to add salt and pepper to the salad and forgot to cook Basmati rice next to the curry. I also tried new type of shrimps which came out pretty dry… (I will keep the Black Tiger Prawns in the future). It was all a bit embarrassing and I told my self that I need to cook at least once a week from now on.
Here is the recipe of the starter:
- 150g Corn-Salad Roughly chopped
- 150gr White Beans (pre-cooked if you need to save time)
- 1 large Zucchini cut in thin slices
- 300gr fresh tuna, thinly sliced
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamon vinegar (Greek Balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons small salted capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped dill sprigs
- cracked black pepper & salt
To make the dressing, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, capers and lime zest and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove the pan from the heat and add the dill and pepper. Allow to cool.
To make the rest, re-heat the same pan over high heat. Add some oil and quickly cook the thin slices of zucchini until golden. Remove the slices and put them in a bowl. Allow to cool.
Place the chopped corn salad on serving plates, add on top some whit beans, cover the beans with some grilled zucchini slices.
Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Sear the slice on tuna on 1 side only for 10 second and add the slices on top of the Zucchini. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.